Friday, September 22, 2023

Day 259: The Official Driver

 Something completely insane and unbelievable just happened. 

Calen just got his Driver's learners permit. 

What?! Just....what??

In the great state of Alaska, you only need to be fourteen to get your learner's permit. 

Fourteen. 

Calen, at Fourteen and a half, is completely appalled that he does not have his permit yet, as we eligible to get it six months ago. The audacity. But, he needed to study for the written test, and I left it up to him to get prepped and ready before finally making the appointment for this afternoon. 

He only missed one on the test. We now have a driver. 


You. Guys. 

We had to run to do the paper route immediately following, and so once we got on base onto the residential roads, I let him take the wheel. 




I am NOT meant to be a parent teaching a child to drive. I'm too high strung, nervous, and a control freak. So we made it a mile before I decided to take over. Brad can teach him. Without me in the car. 

Another milestone to check off. I can't believe it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment