Saturday, September 23, 2023

Day 260: And Now For Something Totally Different

 Fall ball is in full swing, and today was a scrimmage between the two teams. But first, we had something totally different to do!

Camden has been showing a developing interest in photography. During our hikes over the summer, he'd comment "Mom, that would be a great photo." And when I'd take said photo, he'd say "Make sure you get this in the background". He definitely has an eye for it, and seeing as it's an interest that isn't hockey or video games, I decided to glom onto it. 

A local business was offering a FREE 4 week clinic (on Saturday mornings) that teaches the basics of photography to kids. I signed Camden up immediately. This is right up his alley! What a stroke of serendipity that this should pop up now, when his interest in photography was just blooming. And, I even have my nice camera sitting in a drawer collecting dust (as my iphone is as good or better than my camera in terms of photo quality) for him to use. 

So, on the way to Calen's baseball game this morning, I dropped Cam off for his first photography class. 

Cam taking a picture of me taking a picture of him. 



Luckily the class began right before Calen was due to be at the baseball field (just down the road), so I got to watch the first half of the game before running back to the studio to pick up Camden.




I haven't pulled the photos off the camera yet, but I'm sure they're going to be great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment