Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Claw at the "Market"

So did anyone even notice that I didn't blog yesterday? 

I didn't think so.

Yesterday was pretty much the epitome of suck and I was in no mood to blog. It was day two of Brad puking, Calen had puked the night before and still had no appetite, Camden was still pooping straight liquid into his diapers and I was horrifically nauseated either from the same stomach virus or from sympathy/sight/smell/hearing the sickness around me. 

Calen seemed better yesterday afternoon so I took a risk and decided to let him go to speech. Though during the hour drive my paranoid ass kept turning around every five minutes or so asking him "does your tummy hurt??? Are you going to throw up?" 

"NO Mom!" He was annoyed with me. 

And wouldn't you know it, 3 miles from our exit on the parkway, all lanes were CLOSED due to an accident. I sat there for 20 minutes and they still wouldn't open up. So we drove up there in a typhoon while feeling pukey for nothing. I called speech and canceled the appointment and thankfully they didn't charge me for canceling. But we were still stuck in the middle of the parkway!!

Luckily, my truck has awesome 4 wheel drive and brand new all-terrain tires. I threw that bitch in 4WD and drove through the muddy median until I found a police u-turn and whipped into the Southbound lanes. I get an A for Awesomeness.

So, we went to Target (Calen calls it "the Market". I don't know why. It rhymes). That's a pretty good consolation prize if you ask me. 

Of course we couldn't even get through the front door without stopping at the soul-sucking seasonal/dollar section and putting 145 things we don't need in the cart. 

And this time, they had a "claw". You know, one of those extended claw arm pinchy things. And it's a pretty good working one too. Calen thought it was awesome (and so did I). 

I didn't realize that the "Claw" was going to be Calen's new arm for the duration of our shopping trip. He was trying to snatch shoes, clothes, toys, people, anything, everything. Which was really funny but we had to have a discussion about not reaching out to pinch other people's boobs (which I don't think he was actually going for but it really did almost happen). 



Oh and we're almost healthy. Well we are all healthy except for me who I believe is coming down with a sinus infection because my teeth hurt and that is tell-tale for me. Which means I went from a cold to a tummy virus to a sinus infection without a single day in between. 

Neat.          

No comments:

Post a Comment