Monday, January 23, 2023

Day 16: Never Too Old For Disney

 I'm one of those select few lucky parents in the world that have kids that have zero interest whatsoever in growing up. 

Like none. 

And yes, I know it's coming eventually. I know that this phase of being too cool for anything is inevitable, but if it's shorter lived than other kids, that's good, right?

We have been doing a long year-long science unit on oceanography. We are getting down to finally almost maybe finishing it, and since we had been discussing cephalopods (specifically, octupus), I thought it would be fitting to watch Finding Dory. 

We have, for several years now, rewatched almost every relevant Disney movie in one calendar year. I even keep track of which we have watched already on my phone, because I'm OCD like that. 

The boys, edging extremely close to the ages of 14 and 12, and should, by any other account in any other teenage home, be way too cool for kiddie baby movies like Finding Dory, for the love of all things. 

But instead, upon suggesting this, the boys were both excited, asked if we could watch it during lunch, and then spent the next 97 minutes laughing their heads off at keystone characters like Hank the octopus, and Becky. 

Maybe, if I'm lucky, they'll never actually outgrow this. 

I mean, they sure don't plan on doing so. 



No comments:

Post a Comment