Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Day 8: Camden Stop BOUNCING

 I wasn't feeling very awesome today, so I've remained situated at my sentry post in the corner of the couch laying on a heating pad. 

Brad graciously volunteered to take Calen to swim team practice, and Cam offered to vacuum and empty the dishwasher - for screen time, of course. 

I mean, I do my chores for screen time. 

Most kid, when playing video games, look like this:


Observe: Sitting. Calm. Quiet. 

This lasts about 2.5 seconds with Cam. Then it turns into this:


You can't tell, but he's bouncing. 

Constantly. Bouncing. 

Never stops. 

As an avid gamer, I don't understand how this works?? How is your hand-eye coordination so good that you can be actually bouncing all over the place like a loose ping pong ball and still manage to accomplish actually anything in a game? 

We sound like a broken record. Like that obnoxious Dora the Explorer show that I thank the good Lord my children were never into. Instead of "Swiper no swiping!!" It's "Camden STOP BOUNCING!" 

So he sits down. For three seconds. Three. I've counted. 

Then he bounces back up. ESPECIALLY if he's in some form of combat. 

Camden, stop bouncing. 

This is especially a pain in my actual rear end when he's playing games upstairs, where their gaming setup stands literally, exactly, above my favorite spot on the sofa. Cue the bouncing, and it resembles some sort of rhythmic earthquake, or the vibrations of war drums sounding an invasion, or a dinosaur crashing into the house. 

CAMDEN! Stop BOUNCING!

He really tries to stop. He really does. But it's some sort of intense second nature that he literally can't help. 

Bam Bam Cam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment