Friday, August 11, 2023

Day 217: Passing Down the Legacy

 I introduced Calen to Magic the Gathering today. 

This is a legacy, passing down from generation to generation. When I was Calen's age (actually closer to Camden's age), my cousin Jake and I would play Magic every. Single. Weekend. Our allowance was totally and completely blown by Saturday's end, when we would ride our bikes across town to the Crystal Door comic book store and buy a booster pack or two for $5 each, or if we really wanted to splurge, a starter deck for $10. I lost probably every single game between Jake and I, but that's besides the point. It was fun.. 

And now that the ancient history lesson is over: 

Magic is still going strong around here in the world, and although some of the rules have changed, it's pretty much the same game. 

And now it's time to pass the torch to the boys. In particular, Calen (just because it's easier to teach one kid in a 2 player game at a time).

I went to our local game shop (Grand Slam) and bought 2 booster packs, which now replace the starter decks (they advertise to "grab 2 and mash em together to make a deck"). So I bought four packs and we went home to check out the cards. 

We haven't even gotten to play yet, but Calen thinks these are SO. Cool. 

I can't wait for him to school me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment