Friday, August 18, 2023

Day 224: Barometer, Again.

 You know, Barometer is my least favorite mountain. 

Not that you'd know, because I just went up it for the second time in a month. 

Whyyyyyyyyy do you ask? 

Well a friend really wanted to go up it and didn't have a climbing partner, that's why! Besides, it really wasn't that bad this year, so either my legs are way more in shape than they've ever been, or they've officially gone numb as a consequence of all these mountain climbs. 

Either way, back up the mountain I go!


Almost at the top! Town to the left, Airport dead ahead, my house in the circular neighborhood to their right

Unlike last month, where it was super cloudy, misty and completely socked in, today was absolutely stunning and clear. 

My friend Ericka and I blasted up the mountain in the sunshine and after a couple of hours, we made it to the coveted summit!


The summit cross!

The downhill with Barometer is particularly famous, as it's an absolute knee-killer. By the end of it your legs are complete and total jello. 

But we did it! And now I can flip Barometer the bird with both hands, since I've done it twice. 




To the victors go the spoils!

No comments:

Post a Comment