Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Day 235: Christmas in August!

 We had a very Leavenworth day today. 

By that I mean perfectly Bavarian Christmas type day. In August! 

Honestly, any day is a good day for a Christmasy type day. Especially in Leavenworth. 

I'm pretty sure if I lived here I'd just decorate for Christmas all year long. 

The boys and I started the day walking through town, as usual. Today we stopped in the Gingerbread Factory for a breakfast of gingerbread cookies while sitting underneath an indoor tree filled with gingerbread ornaments. 

I mean, come on. 





After filling up completely on gingerbread, we went (almost) next door to the Nutcracker Museum, because obviously, you guys. 


The museum is two floors of literally thousands of nutcrackers, some made recently, some hundreds of years old. The curator gave Camden a clipboard with a scavenger hunt list, and let me tell you, with how many nutcrackers there are, it was hard!



I could have spent ALL day in there and still find something new. 


I mean LOOK at them all!

After 45 minutes or so, we successfully filled the entire scavenger sheet and decided to head back to great grandpa's for a quick visit, and then back to the house for the day. 

I love being down here. Every day is an adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment