Saturday, August 12, 2023

Day 218: Saving Lives Over Here

 It's campout weekend for the Boy Scouts!

You know what that means for me? Staying inside, at my house, not doing anything remotely outdoorsy. 

I hike, I fish, I climb mountains, I kayak, but I don't camp. 

Unless I have a camper or a cabin or an air mattress. Sorry, this is where I draw the line. 

I blame our move and cross Canada tent camping move to Alaska. 

Anyways. 

The boys are camping just down the road at Devil's Creek. There's no devil, but there is a creek. This is a Coast Guard owned campground, and it hasn't been tended to in a year or two, so it's quite overgrown. This is a perfect service project opportunity for the kids to clear the campground of overgrown brush and then camp in a new location. 

So here I am minding my own business, and Brad texts me with an "emergency". 

They didn't bring any toilet paper, and there's no facilities there. 

Well, you're Boy Scouts aren't you? Figure it out!

Just kidding. 

I snatch a roll of the Boy Scout's holy grail and then hop in the car for this rescue mission, and get another text. 

"And a shovel."

Oh, but of course a shovel. 

The Scouts were overjoyed and grateful for my delivery, and I get to go home and use my indoor toilet facilities, shovel free. 

I'm just saving lives over here. 





No comments:

Post a Comment