Thursday, August 17, 2023

Day 223: Beary Date Night

 It's the first day of (our) fishing season! 

I mean not really, the fishing season has been open for a while, but we've been busy and the fish count has been really low and I've been waiting for the numbers to go up. 

Today is the day! We stopped by Big Rays (the sporting goods store), snatched a fishing license, and went straight to the river. 

First fish of the year brought to you by ME!



Unfortunately, my inaugural fishing trip of the year was cut short because Oscar the Trash bear (as I've named our neighborhood dumpster bear) decided to invade my fishing hole by crossing the river while playing with a stick. 




Fine, I'll fish tomorrow. 

But that's probably a good thing, because Brad and I have a hot date tonight!

It had been a busy couple of weeks with Brad at work and I decided that we needed a night just us. So, we left the kids at home with Babysitter Nintendo and went out to dinner at Powerhouse/Hana/Whatever they call it now for some sushi on the waterfront. 

After completely engorging ourselves with sushi, we took a drive up to Pillar Mountain to see the windmills. 

Okay, so you can see the windmills basically anywhere from the island, but being able to sit directly underneath and listen to them woosh as they spin above you? I mean that doesn't get old. 




Besides. That view. 



No comments:

Post a Comment