Thursday, May 5, 2016

Day 72: Jimmy Hansen and Traci Robinson

While Calen was still at school this afternoon, Cam and I went to Costco. 

When Calen was about 3, he named Costco the "Hot Dog Store", since we as a family would always go to our nearly empty South Jersey Costco at dinner time and have hot dogs for dinner before we went shopping. It stuck and it's been the household name for Costco ever since. 

Now that Camden and I are usually the ones that go to Costco now while Brad is working and Calen is at school, we have a special hot dog lunch date before we go shopping.

Today, we were in the bathroom before we ate, and Camden goes (loudly, because kids don't know how to speak quietly in the bathroom ever):

"Mom, the hot dog store is MADE of hot dogs. That's why it's called the hot dog store."

Me: "No it's not. Does it look like it's made of hot dogs?"

Camden: "No. Maybe it tastes like hot dogs..." (sticks tongue out...remember we're IN THE BATHROOM)

Me: "DON'T LICK ANYTHING."

.........

Later, we are ordering our food and the lady at the counter told Cam he's cute.

Cam: "Hi, I'm Camden Hansen and I'm five years old!"

Cashier: "Hi Jimmy Hansen (Jimmy?? Which doesn't even rhyme with Camden) I'm Traci Robinson and I'm 47 years old!"

I couldn't help but love the fact that she introduced herself with full name and age just like Cam did. Bravo.

Then they shook hands and she gave us our food and she yelled "Bye Jimmy Hansen!" Which was even funnier because Cam was like "Who's Jimmy." We ended up sitting at one of those side tables that's up against the glass where you can watch the cafe workers. Traci Robinson kept coming over to the glass and tapping it to wave to Cam and he'd grin this shit eating grin and I told him "I think she likes you!"

He wrinkled his nose and yelled "EWWWW." and then said "I'm NOT going to let her kiss me like Rapunzel kissed me at Disney World. That's gross."

Well, sorry Traci, Jimmy isn't interested in pursuing a relationship. 

Cam's face when I told him Traci likes him

No comments:

Post a Comment