Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Day 91: That Is Not An Ice Cube

I was tired last night. 

Like, really. A combination of over-exercise tired and mom tired. Every mom knows what mom tired feels like. 

So I get home from my softball game and I'm gassed, totally. I pull out my tumbler (a stupid name for a plastic cup with a lid and a straw) to get a drink. My refrigerator makes ice but doesn't have a door dispenser so I open the freezer and mindlessly grab a handful of ice and toss it into my cup. Add water, drink a few sips, but I'm so tired I just end up going to bed. 

Fast forward to this morning. I'm in a hurry (because parenting) and I need to get out the door to take Cam to preschool. I actually remember to take my allergy pill (because the neighboring farms are plowing and I'm allergic to the air here) so I run over to my tumbler from last night to get a quick drink with my pill. 

The water tastes foul. I mean beyond iffy. A combination of old, skanky, and weird. But I'm in a hurry, so I don't really think about it, except "goddamn, that cup needs to be bleached when I get home, yikes!" and run out the door. 

Fast forward again to this afternoon. I'm folding laundry on the sofa. My cup is still on the table next to the sofa and I glance at it to make a mental reminder to clean that sucker when I'm done. But something catches my eye. 

Why the hell does it still have an ice cube in it? After being out in room temperature for over 12 hours?

Except it's NOT ice cube, it's a mother effing potsticker that had somehow crawled out of the bag of frozen ones in the freezer and hopped into the ice dispenser and I somehow didn't notice that's what I grabbed along with ice cubes last night. So there's a thawed out uncooked potsticker in my water that I drank.

Ewww ewww EWWW. 

This puts a whole new twist on the "worm at the bottom of the tequila bottle". 

I would like to blame being "mom tired" on this one, but I really can't. I was duped. By a potsticker imitating an ice cube.  

It might take me a while before I can eat potstickers again. 

That is not an ice cube.




No comments:

Post a Comment