Friday, July 1, 2016

Day 129: Room Swap

When we moved from Cape May to San Diego two years(!!!) ago, we let the boys pick out their own rooms themes. Calen picked Star Wars (awesome) and Cam "picked" a sports room (double awesome...he was also barely 3 so I got to pick for him). Since we were only there for a whopping 11 and a half months, their rooms followed them to this house. 

A couple weeks ago, the boys were playing in Calen's room, and Cam announced "I wish I had a Star Wars room!" This doesn't surprise me since Cam is suddenly completely and totally obsessed with all things Star Wars. 

And then Calen goes "well I wish I had a sports room!" and I had one of those epiphany moments where you're like DING! I can do that. I have all the shit for it already!

While it would have been easier to just have the boys swap rooms instead of tearing everything off the walls, Calen gets the bigger room because benefit #1 of being the oldest child, and because he has the TV in his room. Benefit #2 of being the oldest child. So while the kids were entertained downstairs watching Zootopia with Brad, I snuck upstairs and secretly switched their rooms. A few clicks on the Amazon app to get a couple fun extras (like an over the door basketball hoop and some Golden State Warriors stuff for Calen, and a newer style Star Wars bedding set for Cam), and we were set. 

The kids are THRILLED with their new rooms. Calen wants to show every friend that walks by the damn house his new sports room, and Cam happily spends hours in his room playing with his Star Wars "guys" humming the theme song to himself. 

Without further ado, Calen's sports room:

A few little Star Wars things remaining. He's still a total Star Wars nerd. 

And now for Camden's room (Can I get a Star Wars opening theme song please?)

I still have to nail in that tin that's hanging sideways
Half of Cam's room is still super heroes, per request
Super heroes and Star Wars. What could be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment