Sunday, July 24, 2016

Day 152: Defying Human Instinct

For my birthday, I ordered a GoPro. 

No, I didn't. GoPro's average around...are you ready...four hundred dollars. For a tiny little box with a tiny lens and maybe an underwater case. 

There's something completely and totally against human instinct to toss a four hundred dollar electronic device into the deep end of a pool. "Failproof underwater case" or not. 

So instead, and also because I'm not made of money, I ordered a complete and total Chinese knockoff of a GoPro. It's a brand I've never heard of (Lightdow), looks exactly the same, got tremendous reviews on Amazon, and was a whopping $60, including underwater case, helmet clip, skateboard/snowboard/every board clip, etc etc etc. 

And I won't feel QUITE as jittery about tossing it into the pool. 

We finally tested it out today at the base pool and once I got over the initial fear of submerging it, I was pretty impressed with it, for what it was. It takes great underwater pictures and video. Maybe not the best quality ever ever, but hey, it was $60 and I get to take pictures underwater. Who cares?


Also today, we went and saw the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie which was completely corny and silly but good old fashioned fun and the kids loved it. And the best part of the whole movie was when they played the classic cartoon theme song during the end credits. Turtles in a half-shell! 


No comments:

Post a Comment