Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Day 154: You Need HOW Many Glue Sticks??

School starts in mid August around here (because California is stupid and doesn't believe in anything fun...like waiting until after Labor Day to start school), so we had to do back to school shopping a little early. This is the first year ever that I had to buy school supplies for two kids. 

I actually love school supply shopping. I don't know why. There's something fun about buying all those new crayons and notepads and pencil boxes. And since they're always on sale this time of year and I like helping out, we always buy a few extras beyond the supply list for the classroom and for our house. 

That being said, I took a look at the supply list for both kids. It's not an individual list but a classroom list. Basic stuff. Scissors. Tissue. Copy paper. Okay, I can handle that. 

But then I had to do a double take. 

"You need how many glue sticks?!"

Combined, the boys needed 25 glue sticks. Twenty-five. 

Just what in the hell are they going to do with 25 glue sticks? Create a true to size paper house? Glue their teacher to the chalkboard? I felt like a drug addict shoveling cartons of glue sticks into my Target basket. No Mr. Cashier, I do not have a glue sniffing problem. Seriously. 

But really, glue sticks aside, there's something totally fun about dumping an entire bag of school supplies on your dining room table. 

3 weeks left of summer people!

Glue sticks and crayons for days

No comments:

Post a Comment