Monday, October 3, 2016

Day 223: Just A Little Hocus Pocus

We are continuing the trend of doing something Halloweeny-esq every day this month. Hipsters would call it "31 Days Of Halloween" or something. But let's be realistic, between baseball nights and overall "I'm not into it today" evenings, there's no reason to put a number to it and set us up for failure. 

First, we squeezed in a Disney movie, because after all once Halloween is over it's only 8 days until Disney World! For tonight: Mary Poppins. The kids fairly enjoyed it, and had an argument over what Mary Poppins would turn them into if they met her. Calen: "She would turn me into an eagle so I can eat nothing but fish!!" Camden: "Well she'll turn me into a dinosaur so I can EAT YOU!!!"

All is fair in love and dinosaurs. 

Anyways, tonight after dinner we had our friends over and had a caramel apple dip bar (which I shamefully didn't take a picture of), full of apples (duh), caramel (double duh), and various Halloween themed sprinkles - bones, bugs, and purple/green/orange/black dots. And once we got our sugar on, we put on Hocus Pocus for us to watch. 



We introduced Hocus Pocus to the kids last year and they loved it. And it was a perfect rainy gross day for Halloween treats and movies. 

Who doesn't love this season?

The one pic I took of our treats



No comments:

Post a Comment