Sunday, October 16, 2016

Day 236: We Sure Are Country Living Now!

Brad wasn't feeling super today so I decided to let him sleep in and the boys and I had a date at the pumpkin patch down the road. 

This is the same patch we went to a couple days ago, but being FREE we didn't feel bad about going right back to it and tooling around. 

So, we spent the morning wading in the corn pit, milking a cow and taking a bumpy tractor ride through the fields. You know, what home grown people should be doing in the morning on a farm. 

Side note: You wouldn't believe all the whining I heard from GROWN ADULTS about the farm. How it smelled like cow poop. How the tractor ride was so bumpy. How "we are sure in country living now!" (bitch, please. This was my daily life before I was even a teenager. I hope she saw my eyeballs rolling into the back of my head). How they were going to have to wash their car after driving into the dirt parking lot. And speaking of which, I was the one screaming at the Audi in front of me for not going more than a 1/2 mile an hour in the parking lot because they were afraid of bottoming out. Hint: don't drive an Audi onto a field at a dairy farm.

The city folk that traveled in from Napa might not have enjoyed it to the fullest but the boys and I sure did. 


A rare photo with me in it. Please appreciate Camden BURPING ON PURPOSE during the photo because we can't have nice things. 
Cam milking a cow! He was making the farmer laugh. Because it's always a show with Cam

Once we got home we intended on going to Buffalo Wild Wings for the Seahawks game (since we had a sizable gift card AND the Hawks game wasn't nationally televised), but the gift card has since gone AWOL so instead, we did some fun Halloween craft boxes from a goody box the grandparents sent us while we "watched" the game on the NFL mobile app, and finished off the day with Monster Munch (candy corn/pumpkins, Autumn M&Ms, Muddy Buddies and gummy worms) and had Disney night movie night: Wreck It Ralph. 



Great family day even though it was mostly just the little monsters and me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment