Saturday, October 29, 2016

Day 249: Monster Mash

It's Halloween weekend and we decided to throw a little party for the kids today. 

By "party" I mean "add 3 extra kids to our already insane house and throw in some candy and Halloween-themed crafts while the adults drink beer and eat junk food created on Pinterest."

It really was fun though. I made my mom's almost-famous taco dip (with some added spooky tortilla tombstones) and poached weiners, and some spooky snacks to go with it. 


Super spooky spread!
I'm immature and giggled as I "killed" the hot dogs
Our annual "candy corn" pizza
Taco Dip cemetery. I've officially outdone myself.
The kids basically hung out doing simple Halloween sticker crafts and playing with playdoh and decorating Halloween cookies while watching Paranorman and Hocus Pocus. All in costume of course, and all but one of the 5 boys were dressed in Star Wars attire. Because Star Wars. 


The only picture I actually managed to get of the kids (while decorating cookies). Kael (stormtrooper), Camden (Kylo Ren), Calen (Poe Dameron), Kollin (Darth Vader), and Calvin (ninja)
We attempted a game of "guess what disgusting thing is in the pumpkin (ramen noodles for brains, grapes in water for eyeballs and candy corn for vampire teeth), but the kids are too young to get it and just pulled it all out and tried to eat the grapes and corn. Which is hysterical and we just said "whatever". Then I started a sticky eyeball fight and I realized that this whole production could have included NOTHING but sticky eyeballs and these boys would have still thought it was the best party ever.

There's your life hack for a kids' Halloween party folks. Two words: Sticky.Eyeballs.


Boys are SO easy to entertain. Especially at Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment