Saturday, April 22, 2023

Day 104: Paradise Falls

 I've been working on a little project this week. 

In our living room is what I like to call the "adventure wall", a wall full of photos dedicated to all the adventures we've had over the years in various places. 

One of my favorite movies is Up, a Disney movie who's motto is "Adventure Is Out There". I live by this motto myself, because Adventure is out there, whether it be a big adventure or just living regular life as an adventure. 

In the movie there is a wall in their house painted by a main character (Ellie), of the one place they want to go to more than anywhere: Paradise Falls. On the painting is the cliffside, the water fall, and their house, sitting right on the edge of it. 

Adventure is out there!





I decided I LOVED this painting and it's representation (even if it is only depicted in a movie). Yes, adventure is out there, whether you go find it yourself or by sitting in your house. I wanted a print of my own! 

I'm a decent artist, but paint is not my medium. Luckily this painting is almost exclusively geometric shapes which made it slightly almost easier in my head. 

After a week, here's the result!





I'm actually over the moon with it. And it goes on the adventure wall perfectly (complete with the Up house on the shelf above it). 

Adventure is out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment