Friday, April 28, 2023

Day 109: Meiloorun Smoothies (Also Known As Mango)

 Tuesday, April 25 
(I'm starting to write down the date, because life is busy and often I'm doing two or three blog dates at a time)

I had promised Calen like two weeks ago that we were going to pick something out of his Star Wars cookbook to make, and then we never did. Mostly because groceries are stupidly expensive and I didn't want to spend $11 on frozen mangoes, you know. But there was a sale, and I finally bought the ingredients necessary to make the first thing Calen picked out: a Meiloorun Smoothie (also known as a mango smoothie). 

This is curious actually that Calen picked this, because he really does not like smoothies at all. But I was impressed at his daring, so after his newspaper route we blended together yogurt, milk and frozen mangoes and garnished it with a pretty little mint leaf. 



I found this to be especially freaking delicious. It reminded me of Hawaii with it's tropical sweet flavor. 

Both boys enjoyed the first taste of it, and were mildly tolerant of the rest, but in the end it was still a smoothie, and they each only drank about half before deciding they were over it. 

But hey, points for trying. 


No comments:

Post a Comment