Sunday, April 9, 2023

Day 79: The Night The Skies Came Alive

 It's our first full day back in the "real world", you know with highways and more than 3 stores. 

We had a free day today, as the State hockey tournament starts officially tomorrow. So Jaclyn and I plus Cam and the girls drove out to Fairbanks for our traditional Return-To-Civilization Costco Run.

Camden's reaction is basically all of our reactions. 




While Jaclyn and I perused the aisles, the kids invaded the Hi-Chew free sample station and it became a mid-aisle shrewd Hi-Chew flavor trading fest. 


Meanwhile, Brad, Calen and Josh had a guys day out at the gun range, shooting all the guns. 





The best of both worlds. 

I had a manager's meeting tonight for the State tournament and like any decent hockey mom I dragged my best friend/fellow hockey manager to crash the meeting. 



And then, the most amazing thing happened. We were alerted that the chance of seeing the Northern Lights was really high tonight, but we weren't sure just HOW good it was going to be. I mean it's Fairbanks, the lights come out all the time. But wow, were we in for a treat. 

By 9pm the lights already started glowing outside their living room window. Jaclyn stayed home with all the sleeping kids and Josh took us out about 10 minutes away to an open field in the tundra. 

And then, the sky CAME ALIVE. 

There are no words. Just pictures. 






It was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had in my life. And honestly, that's all I have the words for to explain it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment