Monday, May 1, 2023

Day 112: Love is Nerds

 Friday, April 28

It was baseball practice today. 

Baseball practice with a fourteen year old is a lot different than when he was five. Instead of watching, babysitting, I daresay, it's more of a dump and go. Baseball practice is boring compared to say, hockey practice. There isn't a whole lot to see. 

So, for the past couple seasons I drop Calen off at the high school baseball field (Baranof), and then put my headphones in and walk the high school track, literally right next door for two hours, walking a bit slower when I round the eastern corner of the track to watch practice through the chain link fence that separates the track from left field. 

It's a nice arrangement. 

On the drive home, Calen was sitting in the front seat munching on a movie theater sized box of Nerds that he won during chalk talk at the end of practice. 

"Mom, I'm not sharing these with Camden. But I will share them with you. But only the BIGGEST ones I can find because you deserve it."

If that's not love, I don't know what is. 



No comments:

Post a Comment