Friday, May 26, 2023

Day 140: Crabfest Day 2

 It's Day 2 of Crabfest! Today was much more work than play, but that doesn't mean that we couldn't sneak some fun into it. 

We started the day off dawning our (well, their) Boy Scout uniforms and were put to work flipping and readying trash cans, sweeping up bits of trash, wiping down tables, that sort of thing. It's a LONG, four hour shift, but they had good attitudes and received many compliments of keeping the festival so clean. 




Meanwhile, while the boys worked the streets of Crabfest, I holed myself up for a six hour work shift at Bruin Burgers truck. 

Also, I bought a new hat at Crabfest

After "work", we bought some Bruin Burgers (I mean, of course) for dinner and headed directly to Calen's baseball game. 

Trading in one uniform for another.

Calen and I first enjoyed a moment together sitting in the trunk eating Bruin Burgers together




He had a spectacular game with a two RBI double, and is finally gaining a lot of confidence at the plate. 

A great ending to a busy day. 




My favorite thing is that at Fourteen he is still running up to the back of the car after every inning asking me "did you see how I SMOKED that ball?" "Did you see that out?". Yes, my darling son. I am always watching. And I'm glad you still want me to watch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment