Monday, May 15, 2023

Day 129: The Audacity Of Soup

 It just won't stop raining, will it?

I declared that such a yucky day should call for soup or chili or something for dinner. It JUST so happened that the last recipe in this month's Chinese raddish kids kit is a pork dumpling soup, and it just so happens that we had leftover teriyaki pork from last night AND dumpling wrappers in the freezer. So while Calen did some chores around the house, I set Camden to kitchen work. 

One thing about pork filled dumplings: it's time consuming, tedious, and hard. But Camden was a very good sport and actually enjoyed doing it. 



The problem with this soup recipe, is that it's soup. I love soup, I think soup is great. But the boys? They think soup is an abomination to modern cuisine. How could we have the audacity to take something as delicious as pork dumplings and put them into soup?! I don't know what the actual issue they both have with soup, other than it's soup. Even when it comes to Ramen, which Camden loves and Calen mildly tolerates, there can hardly be any broth in it. 

Whatever. 

So, I scooped out the dumplings in the soup and plopped them on white rice, much to their actual delight. 

Side note: the soup was actually pretty gross, so I scooped the dumplings out and ate them stand-alone as well. But I'll never tell the kids that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment