Monday, May 1, 2023

Day 114: There's Flour Everywhere

 Sunday, April 30th

The Bruin Burger marathon continues today. 

The boys were gone most of the weekend for Boy Scout campout weekend, so I didn't feel bad about working to do Bruin Burger prep all. weekend. long. 

I mean, I'd rather be on the sofa in my leggings watching TV, but you know. 

The day was literally all Bruin Burger prep. Dough making. Cheese. Meat. Folding. More dough. More meat. More cheese. For hours. And hours, and hours. 

We had much less help today than yesterday, so it was a much slower day as far as production goes. We finished the very last of the Bruin Burgers at 4pm, and Iron dogs (polish dog with American cheese and rolled in dough) by 6pm. 




And then the worst part, the cleanup. 

There was flour in every inch of that gymnasium. Flour on the walls. Flour in the corners. Flour on the floor. Flour in the sink, the counters, the mixers. My face, my clothes, my shoes. Literally everywhere. 

We finished cleaning by 8:30pm. That's an 11 hour day, in case you didn't know. 

But once again, I was going home with dough. Like three times the amount of dough as yesterday. This time however, I had backup. 

Brad and I stayed up until midnight making ten teriyaki Bruins (as I've now dubbed them) and a dozen pizza Bruins (sauce, cheese, pepperoni). 

I think I'll sleep for a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment