Monday, June 19, 2023

Day 164: Adventure Is Out There: Marin Ridge

 We're having some sort of sunshine streak here, and you know what that means. 

1. It means it'll probably end up snowing tomorrow or something. 

2. It's adventure time! 

We had actually planned on a lazy day today, but our friends (who are moving next week) texted and said that they were leaving an hour to go on a hike up Marin Ridge, and if we wanted to go?

Uh, heck yes, I'll never say no to an adventure!

We packed up as fast as we could and took off across the island towards Chiniak to the Marin Ridge trailhead. 

This hike is what I'd call "hot and fast". It's 2.5 miles roundtrip (where we turned around anyways), but the first 3/4 mile is just straight up and HOT and humid from the underbrush. 

But once you get up the steep incline to the ridge, I mean the view, WOW. 






We got up to the first real high point of the ridge and stopped to have lunch, declaring it our "summit". Apparently this trail goes for miles and miles and miles, all the way to Chiniak, and we were not prepared for a 20 mile all day hike. 



Friends!


I'm just saying, if I could have like, two, all I'm asking for is two good sunny days a week, then I will accept this stupid cold rainy summer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment