Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Day 166: Sushi Hot Dogs

 Everyone knows I'm up for adventure. (Almost) any adventure. 

Including food adventures. 

Brad and I were watching an MLB baseball game and it mentioned this one Texas Rangers' AA affiliate that serves a sushi hot dog at their ballpark. 

A what now?

Basically, it's like masubi (sushi rice, teriyaki glazed Spam, wrapped in seaweed), but a hot dog instead of Spam. 

Well shoot, I could do that. And, I have all the ingredients. 

I took a pack of cheap hot dogs and marinated them in teriyaki sauce for a couple of hours. Then, at dinner time, fried them in a pan and laid them in the middle of a prepared sheet of seaweed with sushi rice. 

Well that's the weirdest thing I've ever done. 


And because I was feeling a little extra, I made a quick Ramen-style package of instant chow-mein that I acquired on a moveout clean last week, added some cabbage and clapped it on top. 

Like relish on a hot dog, right?


 


Then, roll that baby up and you have a sushi dog! Bonus points for making homemade boba (from a kit at the store) to go with it, that was absolutely disgusting but it counts. 

The sushi dogs, on the other hand, were freaking delicious and may be a new staple in the house. 

And, to complete our American-Asian fusion night, we watched Big Hero 6. 

I wish San Fransokyo was a real city. 



No comments:

Post a Comment