Sunday, October 14, 2012

Football Sunday

We like football Sundays around here. 

Especially now that we have NFL Sunday Ticket and we can actually you know watch games. 

Unfortunately we live on the fricken WRONG East Coast and none of the games start until after 1pm! I'm from the RIGHT West Coast where I can wake up on a Sunday morning and a game has already started. As it should be.

To tide us over before the games start, we usually force the kids outside to play some front yard pigskin with Daddy. 

I really hate the term "pigskin." I always envision a bunch of guys in dirty white tees throwing a hairy dead pig back and forth to each other and it squealing and twitching the whole time (even though it's dead). 

I have an overactive imagination. 

Calen doesn't really like playing "catch." He bores of it quickly. What he does love is chasing and tackling (whether you have the ball or not). Which makes me assume he'll be a great linebacker. 

But then, his neighbor buddy Kyle taught him how to hike the ball. And now he'll do it on his own, over and over and over, trying to hike the ball to you. Even though he's facing you and hikes the ball away from you. A for effort. Maybe he's my future center. 

Cam is especially cute when playing football. You throw the ball at him (obviously he never catches it and it just bounces off his head), he laughs and throws his hands up in the air and yells "YAY! I dee it!" (I did it), then he picks up the ball and walks over to you and gently puts it in your hands with a shit eating grin on his face. Football is a gentleman's game in his little world. 

P.S. Brad and I probably woke up the entire city from all the screaming and cheering (and banging on our also-Seahawks-fans-neighbor's wall) during the amazing game tonight. Sorry to all Cape Mayer's. Don't call the cops....


my future Seahawks center
        

No comments:

Post a Comment