Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Painting Pumpkins

We painted pumpkins today with our neighbor girls. 

Painting is SO much easier than carving! Why haven't we always painted instead of carved?

Because carving is so much cooler, THAT'S why. And I saved two pumpkins that I fully intend on carving. 

Tomorrow we're going to add some felt Jack O' Lantern faces to the painted pumpkins to put the finishing awesomeness on it. 

I especially like Calen's all-blue pumpkin, which he announced was a "police" pumpkin. Because that makes sense.

And no, he did not do his "monster" pumpkin all by himself, but he basically did. He did the shapes, I just held onto his hand because otherwise when he colors or paints I swear he gets fits of Turrets and paints as wildly and scribbly as possible. 

And also, Cam screamed like he was being murdered when we did the handprint pumpkin with his brother. Not because I painted his hand blue (he liked that), but because I smushed his hand on the pumpkin. Gently. I'm not sure why. He was in a mood. Mild air temperature changes would have caused him to scream today. 


Our masterpieces
 

No comments:

Post a Comment