Thursday, October 11, 2012

Rock Pumpkin Patch

This actually happened two days ago but I was too lazy to edit the pictures and do a blog about it until now. 

I decided since it's well over a week into October I better start on the long list of Fall/Halloween craft projects that are taking over my Pinterest boards. 

I took advantage of my mom being here and had her stay home with the crabby snot nosed howler monkey baby while Calen and I had some one on one time walking across the street to the bay to find some flat(ish) rocks and bring them home for our project. 



Finding rocks. He pointed at this ginormous piece of old road and said "dis a good rock!"

Pause for a rare picture with mommy


Then we brought them home and painted them orange to turn them into little "pumpkins". 

Painting the pumpkin

Once the "pumpkins" were dry, we hot glued some pipe cleaner stems on them and Calen put Jack O' Lantern faces on them with Sharpies. And thus we have a little mini pumpkin patch. 

Mini pumpkins (Mommy helped color some)
We added a little fun to it today by placing them out in the grass in the front yard and having him find and "pick" them and put them in his dump truck. 

Where were we without Pinterest, anyways?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment