Friday, December 9, 2016

Day 289: The Decade Club

We took a break from Christmas today. Because we had more important things to do, like celebrate wedding anniversaries. 

Brad and I have officially passed into the Whole Decade Club and celebrated 10 perfect blissful wonderful years of marriage. 

I mean, we can't be perfect, can we?

Really though, the good fully outweighs the bad. We get on each other's nerves sometimes, but we never fight. He deals with my licked spoons of peanut butter in the sink, I deal with his cupboard filled with random shit in the kitchen. We've learned over the years to pick our battles and laugh at ourselves. 

Tonight we were going to go to a super awesome Ramen house in this little city called Sebastapol, but the Ramen house was closed for a private party (who didn't invite us, apparently), so we went across the street to a Thai restaurant, then just walked around the city square to look at the Christmas lights. 

Then, Brad got down on a knee and tied a string around my wedding finger, asking if he could have another ten years. 

Back story: when we proposed ten years ago, he didn't have a ring (it came a week later). But he did have a string. Which I still have. 

Ensue tears and mush and stuff. But seriously, 100 points to the husband for being a shameless mushy romantic. 

That's why I picked him. 

P.S. I said yes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment