Sunday, December 18, 2016

Day 298: A Couch Potato Weekend

It's been a rough few days of this head/chest cold thing. 

Cam and Brad are on the mend but I'm still full blown knocked down from this thing. So, the weekend was declared a wash, and we layed low again to try and recover before the big week of Christmas. 

I tried my best to drag myself off the couch here and there to still make it a fun Christmasy day for the kids. I made reindeer sandwiches for a picnic lunch in front of the TV while they watched Rudolph, and we painted a secret project that will be a gift to a family member, and had a Home Alone movie marathon. 

My sad attempt at reindeer sandwiches


After dinner (and an hour of waiting for Cam to pick at his roast beef), we all sat around the dining table and decorated two premade gingerbread houses (because who actually wants to build a gingerbread house? Thanks Costco). Calen and I decorated one together and Brad and Cam decorated the other. The kids did a great job and by the time they were done (and had consumed half the frosting), the kids were climbing the walls like wild baboons. 

They belong in a zoo anyways. 

And then I went back to my spot on the couch and hacked up a lung like a good sick person. 

Nevermind Cam's creepy eyes

7 days until Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment