Thursday, December 22, 2016

Day 302: There's An App For That, and The Ambush

Today was supposed to be the last (half) day of school until winter break. But really, we needed to rest and make sure we are ALL healthy for Christmas. So the kids played hooky and we stayed in pajamas until 10:30 and had a Christmas movie marathon for the majority of the day (Scrooge (1970 with Albert Finney), The Grinch, Elf) while playing with glittery salt dough playdoh and coloring in their big advent countdown activity books. 

At some point, I accidentally hit some button on my phone and an app that I didn't know I had opened and my camera turned on (self facing...hello 17 chins) and I looked like a reindeer. I'm not sure how I did it. But it was a great accident and the kids and I spent the next half hour turning ourselves into reindeer and crazy goggle-clad Santas and anything else we could find. 

That was stupidly fun. 




A week or so ago, I discovered these packages of 6 fake snowballs in the "stocking stuffer" section at Target. They're made of some type of polyester and are lightweight and fluffy but almost have that snowball "crunch" to them when you squish them. And since we're never going to have a real snowball fight at our California home, I obviously bought 3 packages and hid them away. 

Tonight, when we were about to call the boys downstairs for dinner, Brad and I snuck up the stairs and split the snowballs into two buckets. Brad sneaked a bucket in front of Calen's door and we held the other one at the end of the hallway. When I called the boys down for dinner and they popped out of the room, we struck like the ruthless parents we were, hailing a volley of snowballs at our defenseless kids' heads. Once they realized they too were armed, the snowball fight officially ensued in the hallway. It was violent and ruthless and fantastic. One snowball somehow plopped down the stairs and Sonic ceremoniously ate it, so now we are down to 17 snowballs. But really. Do yourself a favor and go to Target and buy no less than ten packs of these. They are fantastic. 



Blurry picture because we were under attack!


No comments:

Post a Comment