Saturday, December 10, 2016

Day 290: Santa!!! I Know Him!

Normally, I'm a pretty big planner. It's the only way I ever get anything done, really. I'd rather have everything planned out well well well in advance. But, I also enjoy being spontaneous - on occasion - especially when I think I can pull it off quickly. Because I'm also impatient. So if I can get it done, let's do it!

Last night it dawned on me that we had basically a free day today, and so did our two family friends here. With only two weeks until Christmas, those across-the-board free days are few and far between. So I fired a shot in the dark and asked if everyone wanted to come over tomorrow for an impromptu Christmas party for the kids. And they said heck yes let's do it, so I threw together a quick shotgun party for this afternoon. 

But first, we interrupt this broadcast with SANTA CLAUS. 

SANTA!!! I KNOW HIM! I KNOW HIM!!!

The kids dressed up this early afternoon in their Christmas best and went off to visit Santa in town. He's the same Santa we saw last year and he's good. He told the boys to keep their room clean and to get along and they had plenty of time to be on the nice list. Calen had forgotten to ask him what kind of cookies he wanted (which was very important) so we went back in line (for 5 minutes) so he could ask Santa what his favorite cookies are. Santa came back very thoughtfully with "chocolate chip cookies, but with white chips. And some macadamia nuts and just a sprinkle of oats." 

Yeah, he was good. 



Anyways, we came back and had our little shindig with the neighbor boys. 

Once upon a time when I was a kid, we did Christmas parties with my cousins every year. They were stuffed full of fun things to do, crafts and games and all that. So I took a couple pages out of my mastermind aunt's book for this smaller scale of a party. 

The boys decorated some foam trees with stickers and then painted a little stained glass plastic Christmas ornament. Afterwards, we had the world famous (in my family) banana eating contest! This was a massive hit with the kids. Camden, my fussy eater, blew everyone out of the water and won the contest. 

Cam crushing it

After they cleaned up from banana murder, they decorated extra large sized snowman cookies and then burned off their sugar rush upstairs. 



Simple, crazy, fun. 

Our crew! Calvin, Calen, Kael, Kollin, and Camden. 


No comments:

Post a Comment