Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Day 180: A Hard Workin' Man

 It's the heart of working season for me, and we are on our last week of move-out cleans, baby. 

With Calen gone and Camden completely helpless and bored without his brother, I recruited Cam to come to work with me this week and earn a little summer cash. 

Remember that old Brooks and Dunn song?

I'm a hard workin man. 
I wear a steel hard hat
I can ride, rope, hammer and paint...

Anyways...

Cam has certainly been a hard working man this week. He's taken on any and all jobs that come his way. 

He took over Calen's daily newspaper route...



He got hired to mow someone's lawn (a client of mine that is moving out) while I stood on the porch and drank coffee...


And then I hired him to be my subcontractor and to clean all the carpets and cabinets in the house I was cleaning. 





In one week this kid has made $125. Not bad for a 12 year old. 

We went to Subway for lunch, because he also finished a chapter book this summer and I promised Subway to whoever finished a book!



Now that's a hard working man, right there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment