Monday, July 24, 2023

Day 199: Shite Pancakes

 It was a well-earned rest day today, and I didn't even want to do anything that labor intensive for dinner. 

I had this random box of protein pancake mix that I got on clearance a month ago hanging out in the pantry waiting for an opportune moment. 

Protein pancakes are a lot denser and weirder tasting than normal pancakes, so I dug onto Pinterest for a clever new way to make these.

Pinterest always delivers. 

And here I present to you: sheet pancakes! Which someday when the boys are allowed to swear in front of me, we'll call them SHITE pancakes because it sounds too close to not take the opportunity to call them something inappropriate. 


This is a hail mary right here

I cranked the oven to 425, threw in some frozen berries for good measure, said a prayer and put it in for half an hour. This was the result:


They were actually a smash hit. They were like eating a pancake brownie, crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle. The berries prevented it from being too dense, and the kids devoured them. 

A Pinterest fail, this was not!


No comments:

Post a Comment