Friday, July 7, 2023

Day 182: PTO For Street Hockey

 Since Calen is still over at Camp Woody, Camden has been accompanying me at work. He's a great little employee, cleaning all the carpets for the houses that I am working on this summer. 

Today was extremely convenient because we were working on a house in the Lake Louise neighborhood down the road, where a few of his hockey friends live. They arranged a "Street Hockey" hangout sesh, complete with lunch and snacks, starting at Noon. 

Cam and I hit the house we were cleaning early, so that he could get the carpets done before heading down the street to play hockey. 

When noon rolled around, he wasn't quite done, but I told him he could go ahead and take off. 

"No, I'm going to finish these rooms first. It's okay if I'm a few minutes late."

Well, that's what I call work ethic. 

So around 12:15 Camden took his well-deserved PTO and skated off up the street to play street hockey with his friends. I followed about an hour later to visit with the moms and take my own PTO. 




They played street roller hockey nonstop for four hours!! I was impressed. 





After the long time off I took Camden home, since he had gotten his part of the work done after all, and grudgingly marched myself back to work to finish my part of it. 

Way to use that PTO smartly, kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment