Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Day 106: Throwbacks (with Hank the Octopus)

Sometimes you just have to release your inner 16 year old. 

Another mom friend and I went out tonight. Not like out out, just get away from our kids and be alone for two hours out. 

We needed to get a couple things (at the mall of all places) and inso doing started a chain of events that made us suddenly wonder if we hadn't thrown ourselves into a Delorean and gone back to freshman year 1999:

1. We went to the mall

2. We bought ourselves stuffed animals at the Disney Store
     2.a: Okay, I bought myself a stuffed animal. This is Hank. He's an octopus from the new Finding Dory movie. And he feels cool and he's amazing and has judgy eyes and so he belongs as a "throw pillow" on my sofa to judge all my guests with his judgyness. I love Hank.

Hank.
3. We got in line to get an Orange Julius (and then didn't, because the real teenagers in front of us were taking so long we said eff it)

4. We bought Cucumber Melon everything from Bath and Bodyworks (a scent that came back from 1990-something)

5. We drove home blasting N*Sync Pandora and singing at the top of our lungs and remembering every single line of lyrics from every song that popped up. 

Hank was judging our Pandora station choices in the car.
And that was our evening, and it was glorious. And now I'm home smelling like cucumber melon while Hank sits on my sofa guarding my iPad and judging me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment