Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Day 119: Recovering From Beach Snobbyness

I'll admit, I'm kind of a beach snob. 

I kind of deserve to be. I spent four years in what's celebrated as one of the best beach towns in the country (Cape May, NJ). I spent a year living in the Land of All Things Surfing and Beachyness (San Diego, CA). I've swam in the Gulf of Mexico (Treasure Island, FL), surfed in La Jolla, spent my childhood on the shores of Oregon and Washington. I do beaches. 

So going to the beach in Northern California is admittedly a little blah. The water is cold, the sand is rocky. I still love the beach here, but it's just not as impressive. 

But today was beach day with our friends and I'm always up for a new adventure and by God we were going to find a good one and have a fun time doing it, dammit. 

My friend recommended Dillon Beach outside of Tomales CA (about 15 minutes from our house). For being a not free not Southern California or Jersey Shore beach, I will say even my picky beach tastebuds was pleased by it. Real sand with minimum rocks and a gorgeous backdrop made it a great beach. And even though the water and a chilly wind was a bitter reminder that we are still in Northern Cali, we still had a great day. 


Dillon Beach, Tomales CA
Bums

No comments:

Post a Comment