Thursday, June 9, 2016

Day 107: The Things You Say

Disclaimer: Viewer discretion is advised. 

Actually, it's not. If you can't handle it, you shouldn't even know me. 

The kids get up a good two hours before me (in the summertime), since they're so insistent on being up at 6am sharp every God-blessed morning. I don't function (well) before 8am. So now that they're bigger, I order them downstairs, where they can pour their own cereal and watch Disney Junior until I finally ooze out of bed and flop downstairs. Even then, it takes me a good 30 minutes to be fully aware of my surroundings. 

Burglars and zombies take notes: I'm not at my best before 8 o'clock. 

But I'll still swat a bat at you. And not miss.

Anyways.

I stumble down the stairs this morning and Cam marches up to me holding my new beloved pet throw pillow guy Hank the octopus. And with a very serious face, he announces:


"These six tentacles are Hank's legs. And this one in the back is his penis."

Then he cracked into a huge smile, laughed, and walked away with Hank extremely amused with himself, leaving me standing in the hallway contemplating just what exactly had just happened and why he thinks my octopus has to have a penis.

And that's how my day started. 

Boys are gross. 

Of course I had to track Cam down later and have him show me the specific body part tentacle...











No comments:

Post a Comment