Sunday, June 19, 2016

Day 117: Pancakes Fit For a King

Today is father's day, and even though we celebrated yesterday, I still wanted to make today special for Brad. After all, it's his day right? And the man deserves it. 

The budget for this holiday was depleted yesterday at the races but we still made do with what we had. The kids and I got up before him and I made a pancake breakfast while they made Daddy homemade cards. Calen insisted that Daddy needed a smiley face out of pancakes, so that's what I did. And forgot to take a pictures. 



Side story: last night Calen lost his toy sprint car through the bleacher gaps down into the abyss under the grandstands. He wanted a replacement but 1)They're a million dollars, 2) they break almost instantly and 3) No. So I told him to make one out of Legos, and this morning I found him in his room for a solid hour or two, and came downstairs with this fricken masterpiece of a sprint car he made all by himself without a photo or anything to model it by. 

Smart, Buddy. 

Calen's sprint car. Down to the roll cage and the lopsided wings
After that, per Daddy's request, we laid low and hung out. The kids had a backyard water fight with a friend, and later we went to Lombardi's (local BBQ joint) for a picnic dinner. Then we came home and watched the Warriors lose the NBA finals and I had to try to find it in me to console a sobbing Calen over a sport I don't even give a shit about. 

Oh, life lessons. 

At dinner. Love these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment