Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ice Cream Non-Social

It's the second day in a row where I have a massive headache, plus I'm running on four hours of sleep no thanks to Cam throwing a party in his crib in the middle of the night last night, so this is staying brief. 

Today was the Ice Cream Social on base. Basically a little family shindig thrown by the Wives to meet new people and give our kids free ice cream. 

We planned on attending but Camden was in the middle of a World Record nap (4.5 hours) and because of his extra-curricular activities last night, I wasn't about to wake him. But I felt bad because I had promised Calen ice cream on base today. So I asked him if it was okay if we had ice cream in our back yard instead. And he said okay. I probably could have told him that we were going to eat it on the surface of the sun and he would have said "okay," as long as there was ice cream involved. 

So, we pulled out the vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and sprinkles, and let him have at it. 

It was a nice little ice cream "non"-social. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment