Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Tampon Thief

I woke up this morning, opened Calen's door and found this.

Tampon Thief
 
Calen apparently had dug through the hallway closet. He had very carefully stacked as many tampons in the bed of his little pickup truck as could possibly fit. He promptly told me that there were "logs" in his truck. I didn't really know what to say except "yep, they sure are...".

Later in the day after the tampon raid we went to the local Farmer's Market. Unfortunately I'm a spoiled little Seattle brat that is used to very large farmer's markets all around the area and if those leave me unsatisfied, I can always resort to the nation's market mecca of Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle. So, this little Jersey market was kind of....sad, compared. But, I'll take what I can get, and I what I get is cheap, fresh veggies and a fun hour out of the house. 

Market fresh
And this is what I got for ten dollars! Three ears of corn, a large squash, four peaches, five jalapenos and half a loaf of homemade Italian artisan bread (with cheese, tomatoes, and herbs). Actually, the bread itself was $6. But, it was all that is divine and I would have paid $20 for it. What can I say, we love our carbs.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment