Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Day 22: If It Sounds Good, Eat It

That yucky stomach bug that Calen had on Saturday seems to have spread to both Brad and I, at the same time.

And nothing says romance like him sleeping on the couch downstairs and me sleeping alone upstairs. So we can have our own bathroom, you know.

So I literally spent all afternoon (morning was filled with pesky adult obligations like driving around running errands that couldn't wait while suffering over soda crackers and ginger ale) on the sofa, with the curtains drawn, trying to NOT get sick.

Why is it, when nauseated, the only commercials being aired are food commercials? Specifically fast food commercials with the sounds and the people going "mmmm" and you can practically smell it through the tv.....

Well so much for not getting sick.

When involving nausea and not wanting anything to do with any kind of food ever again, my Mom has always given me the advice "If it sounds good, eat it." Because food even sounding enticing is really half the battle. And people like me that are hypoglycemic  (low blood sugar), not eating is bad.

So I took my mother's advice today. And it got kind of weird.

Today I ate (and kept down): a bowl of canned peaches, a tray of sushi  (veggie rolls), a can of corn, a Subway sandwich, and no more than four grapes. For lunch and dinner.

Hey, it was weird, but by God I kept it down, almost enjoyed it, and am starting to feel better.

And that is literally all the excitement I have for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment