Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Day 8: What Once Was Old Can Be Made New Again

It's late and I have nothing to blog about tonight except I finally, finally made time to sit down tonight and watch the first few episodes of this:



I will not be part of the Spoiler Alert crew, so no details here. But, it's cheesy, corny, sappy, filled with the entire original cast (with exception of the Olsen twins) and full of nostalgia. It's all I could have hoped for it to be. 

I'm definitely part of the target audience: the 30 something woman that grew up watching the original Full House series after school with my parents, totally relating to the issues of the Tanner girls in those awkward early 90s years (I was, after all, wedged in between Stephanie and Michelle in age during the airing of the show). 

This is what television should be again. A show you can turn on at night in 2016 without either it giving you nightmares or being completely emotionally ravaged for the rest of the week. As my mom would call it, a "feel good" show.

We need more of this in our lives. 


And Kimmy Gibbler's feet still smell. (Is that considered a spoiler?)

No comments:

Post a Comment