Friday, March 18, 2016

Day 24: Sterlize All The Things

This stomach bug is no joke. 

Calen fell victim first last weekend. Then Brad, who's had it for three days. Somewhere in there I felt sick as well, but I'm not sure if I caught the full force of it or not (praying I did already so that I'm immune to the really bad stuff that's in my house right now). I thought maybe, just maybe, Camden escaped unscathed. 

But then, we were in the grocery store today, and he starts to say "my tummy hurts!" I don't know if every parent feels this way, but immediately a wave of adrenaline hit me. Like, we need to get out of here, now. I mean what do parents actually do if their kid pukes in a store? It's never happened to me and I'm not excited to experience it first hand. So we made it home, Cam fell asleep, and slept for two hours. Cam doesn't nap....

I knew we were in for it then. 

And then he woke up and it was all over. Three outfits, two barf bowls and an entire change of bedding later, we were full force into the latest victim of this bug. 

Did you know that those Leapster game systems are completely fluid resistant? Even if a large amount of fluid completely covers it? They are. Ask me how I know. 

Thus the rest of my afternoon looked like this:



Stomach flus, to me, rest somewhere in between leprosy and bubonic plague in terms of germaphobe factor . I can't handle the barf. Or the anticipation of barf. Or the smell or the look or or or. So, I Lysol'd everything. I sprayed the door knobs. The door frames. The light switches. The counters, the stairwell banister, the floors. I sprayed everything that could be sprayed. If I could have bathed in Lysol, I would have. 

I changed everyone's bedding, all the towels, even considered burning the sofa. (Just kidding...kind of). And then Brad came home and said he wanted to lay down and without thinking I said "Can you NOT lay in our bed? Because I just changed the sheets and you're still sick." And he looked at me and I'm like "Shit, did I say that out loud?" 

He's laying down in our bed. I'm not actually that mean. 

I'm really, really hoping I already caught this and that weird day the other day where I didn't feel well was the extent of my share of this illness. I do not want to be the final victim in this house. Give me a cold any day over the stomach flu. 


No comments:

Post a Comment