Saturday, March 19, 2016

Day 25: Hippopotamus Fart Jokes (aka: Photo Shoots With Little Boys)

First of all, everyone is healthy! That was the longest week in the history of ever. And now back to our regularly scheduled program. 

Calen's birthday is a week from tomorrow (:sobs: :wails: :wipes snot:), which means the priority of this week was to do our annual birthday-time photo shoot. 

Last year we did both boys' photo shoots at the beach, because, San Diego. This year I found a couple of rad locations within a block of each other in downtown Petaluma that I thought would be fun and a little different from what I normally do with either kid. So Calen and I got up super early (for a Saturday) and headed into town. 

First we took some shots in front (or back?) of some kind of old brick factory on the waterfront: 

Note: Want to know how to make six year old boys smile naturally for the camera? Fart jokes. A lot of them. So I shouted a lot of fart jokes. Loudly. And any poor unsuspecting tourist taking a break from winery touring by meandering through Petaluma within a block of me got the pleasure of hearing what happens when a hippopotamus eats too many burritos or how whales farts come out of their ears. Sorry tourists. Next time tour Napa. 

And who cares if my fart jokes were loud or stupid or had no content other than the words "Hippopotamus" and "butt" and "farts!". Calen laughed and smiled. Genuinely and naturally. 

My God boys are easy. 





And then we went up a block and a half to this super rad mural we found in an alleyway:

This mural, though. 



The best part was at one point in each location Calen got d-u-n "done" with taking pictures but his "I'm done and your fart jokes aren't funny anymore" face totally made for a great mini-model pose. 


Not to be biased, but my kids have incredible eye color. Calen's are blue with brown around the irises. (He was over pictures by this shot)

This was probably the easiest photo shoot I've ever done with my kids. Maybe because it was only one kid (without the other one even on location) or because they're getting older. 

Enjoy your last week of being six big man!

No comments:

Post a Comment