Thursday, March 31, 2016

Day 37: Even The Manliest of Men Pick Flowers

It was actually almost a warm day today!

Almost. Did you know there's like, an arctic wind that blows through northern California? There is. I think it comes from the north pole. Because it'll be sunny and 70 and you're like "oooh it's spring!" and go outside without a jacket and SUDDENLY the wind comes and freezes everything in it's place like a life action Frozen movie. 

Anyways. 

We took advantage of the weather and the boys tried their new roller skates. Both did very well, but Camden is a natural, and wanted to skate all day. 

Until I caught him peeing on the fence outside, roller skates still on, 2 feet away from the front door. And by taking off his skates and telling him to go inside and sit in time out, I most assuredly "ruined his life" as I heard him screaming from upstairs "I WANT MY WHOAWER SKAAAAAAATES!!!!"

So I guess he likes them. Maybe he won't pee on the fence next time. 



Earlier, my mom, myself and Cam went on a walk this afternoon before Calen came home from school. Cam, who's definitely the more hardcore, rough and tumble, "girls are gross and I'm a manly man" kind of guy, deliberately stopped his scooter at a patch of flowers, carefully picked one (that didn't have bugs, he said), and gave it to his grandma. Then, he ran back to the flowers and picked one for me. 

I guess even the manliest of men pick flowers. 

With a mohawk helmet on. Just to balance out the universe. 



In other news, Calen had his first game of the season today and even though the lost by like a million points (he's definitely not on the playoff team he was on during fall ball), he still 2 for 2 at bat with solid singles, took a grounder and threw it to third base for a force out, and all in all did a pretty great job for his first time on a field in three weeks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment