Thursday, December 21, 2017

Day 21: The Best Way To Spread Christmas Cheer Is Singing Loud For All To Hear

Today was a great day and I look forward to it all year. 

The boys' elementary school (Two Rock Union) does a fantastic little Christmas music program every year on the last day of school before winter break. A lot of schools do this of course, but I love it here because 1) we were jipped of a music program in San Diego, and 2) the school is SO small that it's only one classroom per grade, so you know 99% of the student body. 

Each grade sings a different song, starting with 6th grade and working their way down to the tiny preschoolers. Then, the entire student body (which isn't that big, like 160 kids maybe?) come out and sing a few Christmas carols together. 

Calen's third grade class sang Over The River and Through The Woods and included sign language with it, which I found fun. Calen was front and center with his little blue Santa tie and totally has the best smile of any kid ever. 

Sign language while singing Over The River And Through The Woods. Calen is ALWAYS smiling (front row center). I love that kid.


Camden's 1st grade class sang All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth, which really should have been sung last year because Cam had all his front teeth missing in Kindergarten. He picked out his own outfit this year, suspenders and a bow tie complete with paperboy hat. My God, could he be any cuter? The answer is obviously no. 

Cam doing a sweet dance move on his way out
After the concert, the school did something new this year and had a school-wide gigantor gingerbread making event. The youngest grades (PreK-First) did graham cracker houses glued to milk boxes, and the older grades did gingerbread men. I visited with Calen a little bit, but he "didn't need me" because he thinks he's growing up or something, so I spent most of the time with Camden helping him build his house, but then Calen's true colors came out and he came and found me and wanted me and Cam to come to his grade's table, so we did!

Making gingerbread men with my biggest boy! So handsome today!
Bam Bam and I making a house!
Cam put Candy canes at the front of the house because "the candy canes are guards and they are guarding Santa's house". Of course they are. 


I find too often catching myself and realizing how fast the boys are growing up, so days like today are just the best and I cherish them deeply. 

No comments:

Post a Comment