Saturday, December 9, 2017

Day 7: Date Night 2.0

I seem to be dating a lot of guys lately. 

Two days ago I had a date with Cam. Saturday is my 11th wedding anniversary, and today I had a date with my oldest boy, Calen. 

What can I say, I get around. 

Just like my date with Cam, this carries our annual tradition of me taking each kid out individually for a date of hot chocolate at Starbucks, then shopping for one special present for his sibling. I absolutely love taking them out 1 on 1. Their true personality really shines when they aren't showing off, 1 upping each other, or talking over each other. 

So Calen and I sat down and enjoyed hot chocolate and a cake pop (and some of those Bantham bagels they sell, because CARBS man) and chatted for a bit before marching off into Target to go shopping. 



Calen was much easier than Cam in this department. He was very thoughtful and instead of thinking about himself (very much), he would look at things and go "Oh!! Camden LOVES Star Wars" and after a long debate between three gifts, picked the one he thought Cam would love the most. 

We also had a minor wrapping paper roll battle in the Christmas aisle, because we are both immature children. 

And we found a photo booth

After we terrorized Target, I decided the date wasn't over yet, since he's the oldest and all and deserves to stay out a little bit later. So we drove about a mile over to this really cool house completely decorated balls to the wall for Christmas, and the lights moved based on what SONG was playing on a certain radio station. So we sat in the car with the windows open, tuned in to 88.7FM (their specific station), and watched the show for about 20 minutes. 



Decorating goals, y'all. 

It was a great day and I'm so glad I got to spend some quality time with my biggest little. 

Endnote: This morning when I woke up and came downstairs the boys gleefully announced that they had fixed Daddy's glasses, which had broken in half the day before (by pulling off a sweater?!).

With scotch tape. 


Brad couldn't let them down so he wore his glasses like that for a solid 5 minutes before getting too dizzy from the crooked lens. I love them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment